BNP Paribas REIM continues to deliver sustainable performance
We care for assets as we care for living beings. We ensure that life flourishes within all our assets, whatever the asset (office, retail, logistic, etc.). We are there for them from beginning to end, in a responsible and performance-thinking way.
By working in this way, BNP Paribas REIM is driven to ensure that institutional and private investors benefit from a specific monitoring of sustainable performance of assets across Europe. To do this, BNP Paribas REIM have established a dedicated Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy which aims to future proof assets, by managing risk and anticipating upcoming enviromental threats, through concrete changes.
To review BNP Paribas REIM's ESG Report, please click here :
To review BNP Paribas REIM's Reporting Protocol, please click here :
Our CSR strategy is pragmatic, relevant and embedded into our business as a leading European investment manager.
Nathalie Charles, Global Head of Investment Management at BNP Paribas Real Estate
CSR in asset management translates into measures such as optimising a building’s energy consumption and ensuring accessibility by clean transport. These goals are integrated into an asset’s business plan. Each year more of the assets that we manage achieve energy and/or environmental certification. BNP Paribas REIM applies its own CSR guidelines to its business activities while also benefiting from the overarching social responsibility framework of the BNP Paribas Group. We regard the two approaches as interdependent.
Four Pillars Support Our CSR Strategy
- Economic responsibility
Building innovative products and services with our clients and partners in an ethical and responsible manner
- Environmental responsibility
Reducing the environmental impact of our businesses and making environmental quality a material driver of an asset’s performance
- Social responsibility
Improving our employees’ quality of life and enabling them to develop new skills and competences. Gender equality and diversity are among our core values
- Civic responsibility
Setting an example as a responsible corporate citizen by contributing to society through local initiatives
Three key ESG objectives
Environmental Social Governance (ESG) integration has become one of the five guiding pillars for BNP Paribas REIM’s activity. As such, in BNP Paribas REIM’s 2020 ESG strategy, three key ESG objectives have been set out:
- cutting carbon emissions,
- managing assets responsibly
- Boosting stakeholders’ awareness to achieve positive change.
Each objective is monitored through specific key performance indicators (KPIs).
The aim is for 70% of funds open to subscription to investors to be classified as “sustainable” which means being compliant with Article 8 or Article 9 with Europe’s new Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) by 2022. The goal is then for this to rise to 90% by 2025.
Being one of the Europe’s longstanding financial groups means that BNP Paribas REIM has the ability and strength to drive forward such change in the sector, meaning that sustainable actions become part of how the real estate sector operates.
By focusing on ESG and Impact funds, BNP Paribas REIM helps to inspire real change in the industry and helps contribute to global targets for greenhouse gas reduction. To find out exactly how this is being done, read the ESG Summary 2020.
Our CSR Approach Means Maintaining Dialogue with Our Stakeholders
Dialogue lies at the heart of how BNP Paribas REIM does business. Each day we interact with investors, tenants, employees, suppliers and other stakeholders. We learn and share best CSR practice by actively participating in a number of professional associations and other forums, including:
- Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) – via BNP Paribas REIM France, since 2012, we have supported the six principles and the PRI’s work on promoting Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues
- GRESB – the organisation assesses several of our funds’ portfolios for ESG performance
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) – most of the group's executives are fellows of RICS, the global professional body that promotes standards in real estate
- Association Française des Sociétés de Placement Immobilier (ASPIM) – we are a founding member of this French association of real estate investment companies
- Association Française de Gestion Financière (AFG) – we are a member of France’s asset management association
Applicable to BNPP Real Estate Investment Management France / Italy / Germany / Luxembourg:
- Sustainability Risk Policy (Article 3 of EU Regulation 2019/2088)
- Principal Adverse Impact Statement (Article 4 of EU Regulation 2019/2088)
- Remuneration policy (Article 5 of EU Regulation 2019/2088)
Indicative statement on principal adverse impacts of investments decisions on sustainability factors based on volutuntary diclosures not subject to regulatory requirements (as of June 30, 2023).
BNP Paribas REIM has not considered the principal adverse impacts of its investment decisions on sustainability factors in 2022.
This statement is the voluntary PAI statements on the main adverse impacts on sustainability factors of BNP Paribas REIM Luxembourg S.A.
This voluntary declaration covers the reference period from Junuary 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022.
Sustainability Information for products compliant with Article 8 and 9 of SFDR EU Regulation 2019/2088 managed by BNP Paribas REIM entities (Article 10(1) of EU Regulation 2019/2088)
- BNP Paribas Diversipierre (in English, LEI code: 96500VNDLJ20738FT46)
- Accimmo Pierre (in French only, LEI code: 969500BGIZBV4FJS5Z95)
- Accès Valeur Pierre (in French only, LEI code: 969500IKXJPDX107C84)
- AFER Pierre (in French only, LEI code: 969500OA56VNL1B3ES46)
- Opus Real (in French only, LEI code: 969500YWOMJAFXUYBG95)
- Pierre Impact (in French only, LEI code: 969500AJZ0ZO6JHPVC56)
- BNP Paribas Macstone (in German only, LEI code: 529900MIXKI97Z211Y49)
Documentation related to institutional funds is available on-demand or via direct download:
- European Impact Property Fund (in English only, LEI code: 5493008FMAOB3SP9I89)
- Next Extate Income Fund III (in English only, LEI code: 549300YN6LIATDNHUQ88)
- Wohnfonds Wachstumsstädte Deutschland (in German only, LEI code: 5299005AZGEDTSI9A10)
- Nachhaitiger Immobilienfonds Österreich (in English, LEI code: 529900VEFTB72IFDMB43)
- Sozialimmobilien Fonds Österreich (in English, LEI code: 529900NKW9H3V30RY903)
BNP Paribas REIM complies with the requirements of the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) EU 2019/2088. More information here.